Here is my top ten for the amazing year of 2008:
- Passing my Bsc Degree! ( and having a party to celebrate http://www.baldy.za.net/node/643)
- Moving to Cork in Ireland
- Leon and Lehesta Rademan wedding
- Completing my first marathon (http://www.baldy.za.net/node/594)
- Spencer Tunick installation at Blarney Castle (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1301679.ece)
- Anne Frank house, Amsterdam very emotional
- Road Trip in Audi A6 from Munich to Brno in Czech (http://www.baldy.za.net/node/610)
- Traveling over land from Brno to Helsinki
- Pub crawling in Munich (http://www.baldy.za.net/node/607)
- Selling my Monte Carlo (http://www.baldy.za.net/node/559)
- SA meetup in Amsterdam
I had to get up early (5am) this morning to get to Stanstead so I could wait all day for connecting flight to Dusseldorf. This together with a packed Ryan Air flight, there random polyphonic jingles and the two large Irish girls discussing there sex lives next to me meant I had to make lists in my head instead of going to sleep as I usually do on planes.
I was remotely interested in there conversations, after it started to get saucy I checked them out and it rather took the edge off the imagery.
Normally I would have been more proactive and checked out the people sitting next to me as soon as I sat down or even based my seating on appropriate looking people. As I said it was early and no one is sexy in a ryan air sardine can with all that yellow and blue.
So lists that where bubbling in my head Top 10 for 2008, how on earth will I fit this year into 10 things?
We are into the new year, Im still at the office not having taken any leave, the workers are making there way back after there break smelling of there new xmas perfumes and smellies.
Writing a top 10 or even top five for 2008 would be too much pressure and immortalizing them on the internet would only lead to tears if I do not crack them. I am day dreaming about the year ahead though and trying to book the otter trail (If your keen let me know).
New Year started in a good way, Mrs G had a blinding hangover from the night before. So we got to enjoy that together, she has entered into a Dry January bet with me. No alcohol for the month of January for her, easy money I reckon as we are going to Tiger Tiger tonight (If your keen let me know).